Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Why I'm taking pictures

Temporary Art: Why am I taking pictures ?

About Sadhu

Is it what I wondered when I was walking in the street this morning looking for inspiration.

The sadhus in India work their willingness in deciding to do a really specific thing for a certain amount of years, like keep the hand closed for 6 years (until the nails goes trough the palm of the hand), or like standing for years even for sleeping... Sadhus are religious men so I was wondering the purpose of deciding crazy thing like these. I read somewhere the explanation, when they focus their attention on doing what they decided they don't waste their energy in doing something bad so they make sure that energy won't hurt nobody in being focused on one thing. I know it's crazy but it makes perfect sense to me and thinking that way takes a lot of pressure off, I don't photograph only for me. My being is not enough to motivate the 4 hours and a half I spent walking this morning in the marsh of my doubts. It is as I am I like to have a spiritual purpose in my photography because I was never able to feel it in prayers and in churches.

Temporary Art: Why am I taking pictures ?


Finally when I'm going out I'm taking vow of taking pictures. When you make a vow you expect nothing but you just do it, It is my way to live my spirituality.












No comments:

Post a Comment