Friday, July 12, 2013

Project Temporary Art

Temporary Art born from a crazy idea : Take pictures almost every day, publish them them at the end of the month, destroy them one month later.


Emerging photographer

I'm an emerging photographer in the art market but I've been taking pictures for almost 30 years.

My inspirations

I discover one of JEANLOUP SIEFF's book when I was 9, I was already practicing photography at his time but the meeting with his pictures was an extraordinary epiphany. it  clearly showed me the feeling I wanted to find in my own pictures. After I discovered the photography of Daido Moriyama, Henri Cartier Bresson, Giorgia Fiorio....

Temporary Art in Photography


My wife MALA WALDRON is a talented Jazz musician. The more I listened to her playing the more it nurtured the desire to feel this excitement provided by the improvisation on stage.

I realized what was missing in my photographic practice, was a sense of impermanence. I finally had this idea I could take pictures that I would destroy after a certain period of time. It took me a lot of time before accepting this idea. Feeling like a musician helped me in that way. Most of the time when a musician plays he has no recording of his performance .... I had to switch my mind and take pictures with more detachment than usual. There is no better mind in order to create right ? Take a look at my GALLERY

Affordable Pictures

I'm an outsider to the art market which I consider as the luxury market. In the meantime I always feel more comfortable in creating something new than reproducing the old recipes. It was for this reason I wanted to create a new market that involves every day people in my art.

 I deliberately chose a low price to make a real "pop art" meaning popular art, right? Is "popular" the antonym of "unique?" This is the idea I want to destroy in making each picture a unique piece. Check the PRICE.





























 











No comments:

Post a Comment