Saturday, July 13, 2013

Temporary Art

Temporary Art: The art of expanding the Present

The weight of the past

 I spent years on, what I call, the fundamental research  in photographic art which brought me to the black and white artwork on the BUSHES. I explored unknown photographic territories in order to find new photographic active properties. The more I explored the more I felt this pressure that empty my inspiration of "child" inspiration.

In the mean time of the research I met lot of Jazz musicians through MALA my tender wife and, little by little, it made me change my mind about creation.

I didn' t realize I brought lot of suitcases with all these times. They are full of memories, full of histories. There are enough things in these suitcases to stop somewhere and feel comfortable but when I was feeling to move I realized that everything seemed to be heavy, I also was tempted to think I can't move as I was younger.

 So I wanted to feel lighter, I put my suitcases and I defined a photographic process that give the maximum preeminence to the eye on the moment of capturing the picture. It's why I chose the color because I always thought there is less range for the interpretation unlike the black and white.

Temporary Art 

You can feel reduced when you take off your past and you blind yourself on your future,in doing that you' re actually giving a  chance to the present moment to expand. I felt horrified thinking about throwing away my pictures after one month for this PROJECT. In accepting this idea I felt so confident  to expand my present and, by this way, giving more space for life.














2 comments:

  1. this is exactly what happens each night when we create music in a club or in our studio, out it goes into the atmosphere. I like to think the energy travels and travels and finally recycles into another creative act somewhere somehow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment Pam. The way you say it makes me think about how hinduist consider their religion: all the tiny things of our universe are a representation of god, all their gods are the multiple representations of one essence. I understand what you' re saying as all the artworks, musical, visual, 3 dimensionals are the expression of the same essence. Creating something really personal and be able to connect with multiple people, that's the proof of this common essence.

      Delete